The criteria for attending Cosmo as a Participant in one of our programs are:
1) A significant impairment in adaptive functioning with an onset prior to the age of 18 years.
2) Age for admission shall be at least 21 years, except where an agreement has been reached that the programs/services at Cosmo will be in the best interests of an applicant who is between the ages of 18 and 21 years.
3) Active case management with a referral agency and staff person who is, and will continue to be, responsible for providing ongoing support required by the applicant in the remaining dimensions of the applicants life. Cosmo accepts responsibility for the day program dimensions of each Participant’s life.
4) Secured funding resources to cover support services and transportation costs.
5) Residency in the Saskatoon or surrounding area.
6) The applicant and their support network have made an informed decision by first touring Cosmo and meeting with Senior Program Staff.
7) Applicants with any acute or chronic (i.e., MRSA, tuberculosis, etc.) communicable diseases which may pose a risk to safety for self and/or others, shall be evaluated on an individual basis by the Nurse/Treatment Room team.